Wattkins Universal Chassis
Updated: May 9th 2015
This is our heavy duty universal chassis. We've made some improvements over the standard 16" x 8" size, and this chassis 1/2" taller than standard to make it easier to work on and accommodate more parts. It's also comes with pre-drilled holes for switches, lamps, pots, and jacks, as well as all cut-outs for the Universal PCB and the Tweed 5E3 PCB. It will also work with most Valve Junior-compatible PCBs (such as the Baby Will PCB from Guitaramplifierpcbs.com, and turret boards from Turretboards.com) with very minor modification. CAD layout by particle.
Our first delivery of chassis sold out. Our second delivery sold out. We have just taken delivery of more chassis and we are taking orders!
Obtaining the Universal Chassis:
Now shipping! You can buy the official Wattkins Universal Chassis here:
Project information: (this page)
- 1x hole for input jack (Switchcraft-size - will need to be enlarged for Cliff)
- 6x holes for CTS pots (will also fit Alpha pots)
- 3x holes for power, standby on/off switches and lamp
- 1x hole for IEC power socket
- 2x pilot holes for fuse holders (optional)
- 3x holes for 4Ω, 8Ω, & 16Ω output (Switchcraft-size - will need to be enlarged for Cliff)
- 2x holes for 9-pin tubes
- 2x holes for octal tubes
- 7x holes for mounting the Universal & Tweed 5E3 PCBs
- 2x pilot holes for locating additional tubes (optional)
- 3x holes for grounds (one near input jack socket, two near IEC power socket)
Chassis Design Drawing (pdf)
This site is run by unpaid, volunteer moderators, some of which have commercial interests in the guitar amplification business. They will all attempt to the best of their abilities to not interfere with commercial discussions. All messages on this forum express the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the site and (or) its administrators. This site will not be held responsible for the content of any messages posted on this forum. The operation of this site is supported financially by its members as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization under section 170 of the IRS code.